Question:
Is patriotism dangerous?
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Is patriotism dangerous?
Five answers:
?
2016-12-13 14:20:21 UTC
definite it really is. Why be happy with the position you've been born? you probably did no longer have a say contained in the rely. we are all an similar. Patriotism is risky because it ends up in blind help for the authorities of the day and ends up in racist and xenophobic behaviour in the route of those who do not extra healthful the mold. Patriotism and nationalism are appropriate. extreme nationalism finally ends up in fascism.
jawssxazn
2006-04-10 04:05:40 UTC
cheater. just kidding. im a hypocrite
Imi
2006-04-09 03:30:09 UTC
No, it is good. We must be aware of nationalism which is not the love and respect for the country, the people and the traditions but the hating of others. The nationalist are not sure of their own values they are always fighting against somebody else, all the problems from the society are because of others. In Germany before and during the second World War they blamed the Jews. Nowadays the Arabs blame the Americans etc. The bigger problem is if the hated ones represent a minority in that country. In this case their life turn to hell. This was the situation of the Armenians in Turkey when Turks killed 2 million Armenians( women and child also) in the 1915's and only a few know about it, the situation of Jews in the former Germany with 6 million lost lives and nowadays the situation of the Albanians in Kossovo.
Fique
2006-04-09 03:27:27 UTC
No, patriotism is loyalty. Patriorism is not dangerous as long as it doesn't turn to be etchnocentrism or national obsession.
Hillaryforpresident
2006-04-09 03:14:18 UTC
Patriotism in itself is not, but blind patriotism is. It is fine to have a respect and love of country, but to follow the leaders of said country blindly is dangerous. We have fallen into a trap where no one says "I am an American" anymore, they say "I am a republican" or "I am a democrat", and they feel that they must back the decisions that the leaders of their party make, whether or not those decisions are good for America. Putting the country above the parties is true patriotism and that is where we need to be.