Question:
does anyone out there believe the phrase "you people" alienates the group in which the phrase is directed?
cul8r_32
2006-03-24 15:37:43 UTC
does anyone out there believe the phrase "you people" alienates the group in which the phrase is directed?
Three answers:
librarylady93562
2006-03-24 18:54:02 UTC
I believe it does. For one thing it sets you apart from them...you are telling them they are different from you and it really sounds as if you think they are inferior to you.
hurst3
2006-03-25 19:26:07 UTC
Yes.Be careful who you are talking to when you say it.I've gotten in so much trouble for saying it.Then again some people will look for any excuse to express an alienation they feel regardless of what you say or how you say it.
queenangellica
2006-03-25 02:00:22 UTC
i've heard this alot and I think that some people dont mean anything by it when they do say it. I think they are refering to everyone other than themself, and/or themself and thier group of friends who agree with everything they believe in