Question:
How to prevent Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?
2011-08-04 03:00:36 UTC
I am getting an iPhone 4 in a week, and my dad read an article that says that smartphones especially Blackberries, cause Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I have done the research myself and it is complete bogus to a well-balanced person. A loser who has NO friends are the ones who consistently check is they don't maybe have a text, email, and/or notification... How do I convince my Dad that it is ok for me to have an iPhone. (BTW this will be my 3rd iPhone. So the idea of me having an iPhone is not a new thing. I am also 15. I am a registered IT [But not allowed to work as one yet...] and an Apple iOS Developer... I also import Apple products into South Africa. So i am COMPLETELY used to technology of this calibre and not an excited ding-wat that just checks every minute his phone just because he's excited...) I actually received an iPhone 4 for free. So they don't need to pay for one, and I have offered to cover the bill. But he says that it's about the phone and that I have access to the internet whenever I want. (When I had my previous iPhones, I never had a desire to go on the internet with them, because of the small screens...)

I appreciate all the future help!

Thanks!
Jacques
Three answers:
2011-08-04 03:04:46 UTC
LMAO?

Having a device causes OCD? Whoever wrote that article is a sham/hack and should not be in the field or journalism, technology, science, or psychology. I'm still laughing.

This is more absurd than saying violent video games causes.. murder. A few people snapped and they where absolute tragedies... but the majority of our generation grew up on Doom and Mortal Kombat and our society is still functioning without Wal-Marts being gunned down every hour. What are people going to blame next?
?
2016-10-23 10:31:20 UTC
what's inflicting you to do those issues? If this is basically for the excellent thing approximately conserving issues prepared and risk-free, this is not any longer OCD, basically perfectionism and care. If this is to stay away from mindless rigidity and occurs consistently, this is a affliction. I even have OCD and that i could coach mild switches on and rancid, persistently faucet products with my hand, verify door locks approximately 10 cases interior the comparable minute even nevertheless I see each time that this is locked, and all styles of mindless habit 1000's of cases an afternoon. attempting to stand up to the urges is basically as painful because it would be to place your hand in boiling water and face up to the urge to take it out. this is not any longer precisely the comparable for each individual of course, yet this is particularly a lot what a typical OCD sufferer has to stay with.
?
2011-08-04 03:08:36 UTC
get help love