Question:
How can i cope up with stress?please help me.?
nyloraC
2006-03-16 02:42:00 UTC
How can i cope up with stress?please help me.?
Fifteen answers:
Blah Blah Blah
2006-03-16 02:55:14 UTC
When I am really stressed I take a deep breath and count to ten. One time I built a snowman just to kick the crap out of it, it was fun. Take a walk or do exercise that's a good stress reliever. You can also try meditation and just take a few minutes for yourself to just clear your mind. Yoga is also excellent.
sparky52881
2006-03-16 07:23:58 UTC
Everyone here has good suggestions on how to deal with stress. The most important thing is, as Gulu said, to identify the source of your stress.

Are you stressed out because you don't seem to have enough time to get things accomplished? It may be you are heaping too much upon yourself and need to take some "me time," as several others have suggested. This can be yoga, deep breathing, journalling, praying - all good stress busters. Learning to say "no" can also save your life.

You might have a "Type A" personality or an internal locus of control. These are psychobabble terms for saying, you need to control everything. Do you get stressed out if things are out of your control? If this is the case, you need to come to terms with things that are out of your control. This is easier said than done, and you might want to get the help of a counselor of some sort.

On the other hand, stress can also come from not being enough in control. Are you disorganized? A procrastinator? Putting off things that need to be done leads to a lot of last minute scrabbling, which is highly stressful. If this is the case, then you might want to try some organization techniques, like making a daily to-do list (and following it), making a schedule (and following it), and breaking large projects down into small, easily handled steps.

Finally, if you are feeling a lot of anxiety, you may want to consult a psychiatrist, as someone suggested, as this may be a chemical imbalance. If nothing seems to be working for you, you might also want to see a therapist.
bubbles
2006-03-16 07:03:49 UTC
Stress to me is one of the most devastating thing to happen to anyone..I have been stressed many times and the outcome was me losing what little weight I had (less than 100) (and no I'm perfectly healthy,just naturally skinny :) ). I was never one of those persons who just got up and talk about my problems..I'm the kind that listens to problems of others try to offer solutions and cheer up who needs cheering up.

I am a christian and when I thought about the problems that I had and all that stress.....Oh my goodness, I was like Lord what's wrong with me,What did I do to deserve all this?

I realized that whenever Itook the time to really and truly talk to God, my spirit was lifted and it's kinda hard to explain but you kinda feel like you just got off the phone with the love of your life, and there's a smile on your face that lasts the whole day.

Talking to someone does alleviate stress if you're open and willing to get the help and whatever solution is being offered and work on it from there.Talking to God is even better,He provides the answers we just have to look real good to see them.
Glitter Girl
2006-03-16 05:29:31 UTC
I totally understand... When you are stressed, that usually means that you don't have a whole lot of time also. I've tried yoga and other classes (which work), but the best way that I have found to relax is to simply do some deep breathing. As corny as it sounds, if you just take a minute, (maybe go to the bathroom for some privacy) and breath in deeply 10 times and out 10 times. That little bit of time that you can take out of your day just 'for you' can really calm you down. Plus, no one will ever bother you when you excuse yourself to go to the 'bathroom'. Relax!
grannywinkie
2006-03-16 02:54:35 UTC
I attempted so many therapys on how to cope with stress. It finally came down for me to find a "GOOD" psychrist and he gave me the perfct meds. It took fifteen years for me to make myself get profesional help. A chemical imbalance may be the problem. Do not be ashamed to go to the psychrist. Your doctor may attempt to help you with the right drugs, however, doctors do not have the training that psychritrists have and no matter how hard they try, they just are lucky if they can find the right meds.
Gulu
2006-03-16 06:56:37 UTC
Glitter girl has given a good answer. You also can check on what is causing your stress and deal with it. Maybe you are trying to outperform yourself.Life is not about achievements only. There are other things like pursuing your hobbies etc. which will give you relaxation.
handymansteve
2006-03-16 05:28:40 UTC
I find the easiest way is to do something to help you relax. Get right away from what is causing the stress in the first place and go do something for yourself. Just chill.
♥~rayna~♥
2006-03-16 02:46:25 UTC
Take long walks. Journal. Talk to someone about your issues OFFINE , meaning seeing A therpist. There are lots of resources out there... all You have to do is google for them.
jame_football
2006-03-16 02:51:51 UTC
do something that you enjoy, set goals that are achievable you will fell good of your self and will slowly releive stupid stress
Fique
2006-03-17 02:21:48 UTC
By having good relationshop with God, it's proven as effective.
.45 Peacemaker
2006-03-16 04:15:36 UTC
Take up a hobby
mansoorzardari
2006-03-16 10:51:16 UTC
sparky has given very comprehensive reply.one can ,if it is possible, may avoid stressful situation.
2006-03-16 02:42:31 UTC
Do self-hypnosis or Yoga.
?
2006-03-16 06:56:48 UTC
pray! pray that God will help you and just stop worrying! He has everything under control!
Salomon
2006-03-16 02:42:56 UTC
talk to someone, have fun :D, call in at work :P